All you need to know about In-person Home Consultations with Judith!
In-Home Consultations with Judith
In the video below, Judith Mackin chats with Ellen Kelly regarding what you can expect when you book Judith for a one hour In-Home Consultation!
Have you been toying with the idea of changing things up in your home but aren't entirely sure where to begin? The process of taking on any decorating or renovations can be overwhelming. Let us help you with our In-home Consultation Service! (Please note: in-home consultation services are limited to the greater Saint John area for the foreseeable future).
Judith will offer expert advice on room layout, furnishings, lighting, art, flooring and paint choices. She’ll help you reimagine everything from a one room freshen-up to an entire home makeover. Beautiful spaces begin with a plan. And that plan will save you money.
It goes without saying that the items Judith recommends are from Tuck. We represent dozens of brands within our store and we draw from these furnishings, lighting and decor. Having said that, there are occasions when she’ll pull an item from outside Tuck if it’s the appropriate choice for your space, and we'll always try to incorporate your existing furniture and decor items whenever possible.
During your in-home consultation, Judith will walk with you through your space, focusing on the areas that require her attention. She'll give you helpful tips and advice on how to improve each room and will be more than happy to answer any questions you have along the way.
It’s incredible the amount of information you can receive within an hour! In order to get the most out of your consult, we recommend doing the following to prepare for your consultation with Judith.
- Make a list of questions organized by room.
- Take time to walk through your home, on your own, identifying what changes you’d like to see.
- Pick out the things that you really like and probably don’t want to change about your home. It’s easy to say what you don’t like, but selecting things you do will help Judith understand your style and needs. It’s OK to want to keep certain things!
- Identify how you envision using each area of your home.
- Think about budget. It doesn’t need to be detailed or accurate, just what you hope to spend.
- Finally, remember to be concise; it’s only an hour! Don’t try to cram too much into that hour.
These simple preparations will help ensure you get the most out of your home consult. Remember to have a pen and paper ready to jot down any notes. Or if you’d prefer to record on your phone or camera, that’s A-OK as well!
WHAT DOES IT COST?
In-Person Consultations are $190 / hour for Saint John and Surrounding Area. If your home is more than a 20 minute drive from Uptown Saint John, there may be an additional travel fee. Please contact us to get a price for your area. Additional travel areas may include Grand-Bay / Westfield, Hampton. Also note, due to demand we may not be able to accommodate all virtual consultations at this time. We do prioritize those living in our area first.