08 Oct Are YOU our next part-time TUCK team member? TUCK is hiring!
TUCK IS HIRING!
POSITION: TUCK TEAM. MEMBER, PART TIME
Do you have a passion for excellence in everything you do? Do you pride yourself on customer service and knowledge of furnishings and decor? Are you known for your attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and organizational skills? Have you been recognized by your previous employers for your commitment to excel in serving your clients and supporting your fellow team members? Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career with a fast growing company truly committed to delivering excellence in every interaction with their clients, as well as developing and rewarding the skills of their team members? If you answered yes to these questions, we would like to hear from you.
Tuck Studio is arguably New Brunswick’s most successful furniture, décor and interior consulting company. Founded in 2008 by Creative Director, Judith Mackin, as a small studio on the ground floor of her home, the business quickly resulted in a loyal following, due in large part to Judith and her team’s strong commitment to excellence. In 2016, Tuck expanded into a brand new urban space in Uptown Saint John in the historic Trinity Royal district. In 2020, Tuck expanded, yet again, finding themselves across the street in the historic Old Post Office building.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career by playing a key role in an important position with Tuck. You will work with a team in delivering excellent customer service and offering furniture, lighting and décor solutions to our many clients both in the store and as part of our sister company, Tuck Interiors. As part of our Tuck team, you’ll be providing the most knowledgeable and top rate customer service available.
As Tuck’s Team member your role is to:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day positive interactions with customers
- Develop a clear and comprehensive knowledge of our products available both in-store, on-line, and through custom ordering from one of our many suppliers
- Maintain visual merchandising standards set by the Tuck Team – this will include assisting in seasonal store displays, rearranging furniture and décor, and thoroughly cleaning and organizing the store
- Process payments and maintain inventory tracking through our Quickbooks Accounting Systems
- Support other members of the Tuck Team by proactively anticipating their needs and ensuring they have everything prepared for presentations
- Provide excellent customer service by going above and beyond to make their experience with Tuck positive and memorable
The successful candidate will have:
- Incredible interpersonal and communications skills
• An approachable and genuine nature
• An eagerness to serve
• A keen interest in understanding Tuck’s training and protocol in regards to how we engage with our customers and community
• A strong interest in furniture and décor and a passion for interior decorating.
• A desire to work in a busy and multifaceted environment
• Unyielding ambition
As our ideal candidate, you are recognized for your commitment to excellence in everything you do. You are known for your attention to detail and accuracy. You consistently exceed client expectations and go above and beyond in supporting the needs of your fellow team members. You have a proven track record of success in providing customer service and sales in a retail setting. Strong computer skills and highly proficient with Quickbooks is a valued asset, as is a valid driver’s license.
PART TIME POSITION (approximately 16-20 hours a week): You are available to work between Tuesday through to Saturday. Hours may fluctuate, and be greater as we enter into the holiday season.
You will work with a company that is recognized as the top in its field and values and recognizes the contributions of its team members. You will receive $15/ hour and part-time positions have the potential to become full time positions in the future.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this career opportunity with Tuck in confidence to Heather at [email protected] on or before Friday, October 15th at 5 pm with the Subject Line: Job Posting – PART TIME TUCK TEAM MEMBER. We will treat any inquiry or resume received with the utmost confidentiality. Only applications received via [email protected] will be considered. Please no phone calls or private messages.