Tuck Studio, Saint John’s premiere furniture, lighting and décor studio, is heading ‘Uptown’. Early in the new year, owner and designer Judith Mackin and her team will be moving Tuck Studio from its current north end location, 40 Autumn Street, and setting up shop at 124 Prince William Street, in one of the city’s most historic properties, the Palatine building, constructed after the Great Fire in 1877-8.
Mackin’s sister company, PUNCH INSIDE, a design firm specializing in residential and commercial interiors, will also be moving its offices into the 2,300 square foot space. To read more about this expansion, please click here.
With the expansion comes the need for more team members!
BEFORE APPLYING: applicants should familiarize themselves with the range of endeavours in which Punch Inside and TUCK Studio is currently engaged:
This entry-level position will suit a candidate with a passion for interior decorating and design, along
with experience in (or aptitude for) furniture and/or décor retail (i.e., sales).
OPTIMUM SKILL SET WOULD INCLUDE:
– Experience with interior, industrial and/or graphic design (efficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD, InDesign an asset)
– Recent graduation from any accredited college or university degree program
– Creative approach to problem solving
– Adept at multi-tasking
– Excellent communication skills
– Retail + Sales Experience
– Access to your own vehicle + Laptop (Mac preferred)
– Keen understanding and proficient use of social media
– Highly personable; must enjoy working with people and strong work habits
– Photography experience an asset
– Marketing, public relation or event planning experience an asset
– Possess strong work habits (hint: striving to exceed everyone’s expectations)
Those interested should submit a resume or vitae accompanied by a covering letter (your chance to demonstrate some of those highly-developed communication skills) outlining the various ways in which your background, experience, interests, and aptitudes make you the ideal candidate for this challenging, demanding, but relentlessly interesting position.
Currently the position is 30 hours per week. Remuneration based upon experience, but some indication of your salary/compensation expectation would be appreciated. Please note, there may be several part-time positions available also. Please indicate which position you are applying for.
Please apply via email to email@example.com on or before 5:00 pm Wednesday, January 27th, 2016. Subject line: “Job Posting: Entry Level Jr. Design Consultant and Studio Coordinator.”
Only correspondence sent via this channel will be considered; no phone calls, Facebook inquiries or texts please.
Although we appreciate any expression of interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please feel free to share this post with any candidates you feel might be suitable.