25 Jan WE ARE HIRING: Inventory/Shipping/Delivery Specialist
Do you have a passion for excellence in everything you do? Do you pride yourself on your knowledge of computerized inventory tracking systems? Are you known for your attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and organizational skills? Have you been recognized by your previous employers for your commitment to excel in serving your clients and supporting your fellow team members? Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career with a fast growing company truly committed to delivering excellence in every interaction with their clients, as well as developing and rewarding the skills of their team members? If you answered yes to these questions, we would like to hear from you.
Tuck Studio www.tuckstudio.ca is one of New Brunswick’s most successful furniture, décor and interior design companies. Founded by Creative Director Judith Mackin in 2008 as a small studio on Level Zero of her home, the business quickly resulted in a loyal following, due in large part to Judith and her team’s strong commitment to excellence. In 2016, Tuck expanded into a brand new urban space in Uptown Saint John in the historic Trinity Royal district. The company has continued to grow and expand, and in 2017, Tuck Interiors opened a new location on Grannan St. and launched a line of unique New Brunswick furniture “Slab – Wood from the Hood.” Tuck has a strong commitment to delivering excellence and takes pride in its ability to achieve client satisfaction ratings approaching 100%.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career by playing a key role in a brand new position with Tuck. You will take the lead role in implementing and maintaining our Quickbooks computerized inventory tracking system. You will also be supporting our sales and design team by providing the most accurate, organized and efficient inventory tracking, quality inspection, product storage, and shipping and delivery services possible.
As our inventory/shipping specialist, your role is to:
- Receive all shipments and verify receipts and packing slips.
- Unload, move, unpack and thoroughly inspect all products arriving at the store for damage and defects.
- Enter all product information into Quickbooks inventory tracking system and price product with 100% accuracy.
- Proactively monitor supply inventory, ordering as needed.
- Efficiently move, coordinate and organize product in multiple storage locations, facilitating product flow and placement to ensure required product is available at all times.
- Effectively coordinate deliveries with suppliers, local drivers, clients and the sales team.
- Regularly move furniture and products around the store for openings, seasonal displays and product promotions.
- Actively support the sales and design teams by proactively ensuring they have everything they need to WOW Tuck’s clients (whether it be having swatches or files ready, running errands, or physically moving products and furniture around the store).
- Thoroughly cleaning and organizing the store, ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness are met at all times.
As our ideal candidate, you are recognized for your commitment to excellence in everything you do. You are known for your attention to detail and accuracy. You consistently exceed client expectations and go above and beyond in supporting the needs of your fellow team members. You have a proven track record of success in providing highly efficient inventory tracking, storage, shipping and delivery services, preferably in a retail setting. Strong computer skills and highly proficient with Quickbooks or another computerized inventory management system is a must, as is a valid driver’s license and the ability to lift and move furniture with assistance.
You will work for a company that is recognized as the top in its field and values and recognizes the contributions of its employees. You will receive a good wage and health and benefits package. You will learn and develop in your career working with a collaborative team of creative, dedicated and talented individuals committed to Tuck’s success.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this career opportunity with Tuck in confidence to Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 9/ 2018 with the Subject Line: Job Posting: Inventory/Shipping Specialist. We will treat any inquiry or resume received with the utmost confidentiality.